DSSSL Documentation Project
This is a collection of short definitions of DSSSL-related terms collected from people’s contributions or from postings to the DSSSList mailing list. The current version is revision 01, dated November 9, 1997.
It is not exhaustive and is not guaranteed to be error-free. Any additions, corrections, or suggestions for improvement should be sent to David Pawson (DPawson@rnib.org.uk).
The glossary is available as:
- Send glossary requests to David Pawson (DPawson@rnib.org.uk).
- Use the subject line “Glossary request”, and in the body of the message list just the requests, one per line, as in the following example:
To: DPawson@rnib.org.uk Subject: Glossary request kendot spread sosofo R4RS
- Send glossary entries to David Pawson (DPawson@rnib.org.uk).
- Use the subject line “Glossary entry”. In the body of the message include the SGML for one or more entries marked up using DocBook 3.0 as shown in the following example:
<!DOCTYPE glossary PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"> <glossary> <glossentry id="gloss-kendot"> <glossterm>kendot <revhistory> <revision> <revnumber>1.0</revnumber> <date>19970620</date> <authorinitials>Tony Graham firstname.lastname@example.org</authorinitials> </revision> </revhistory> </glossterm> <glossdef> <para>Emphasizing mark used in Japanese typography</para> <glossseealso otherterm="gloss-emphasizing-mark"> </glossdef> </glossentry> <glossentry> <glossterm>kendot scoring</glossterm> <glosssee otherterm="gloss-kendot"> </glossentry> </glossary>
- Include your name and email address in the <authorinitials> element
- Glossary entries should have an ID that is “gloss-” prefixed to the term, with any spaces in the term replaced by hyphens, e.g. “gloss-kendot”
- You can include more than one glossary entry in a single mail message
- Use the “OtherTerm” attribute in <GlossSee> and <GlossSeeAlso> for other terms you want to reference, even if you don’t know if there is an entry for that term. If there are any broken links when the SGML is put together, an empty entry will be created and the term will be added to the request list.
- Graphics should be in TIFF or EPS formats only. Text in graphics should be 10pt Arial wherever possible.