Re: Processing external data entities

From: Paul Prescod <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:22:51 -0500
David Megginson wrote:
> It would require only minor modifications to the Jade RTF backend to
> support special handling for a source-code-listing notation.  Is this
> a legitimate use of the 'external-graphic' flow-object class?

It seems reasonable to me, but I don't expect RTF (for example) is going
to do anything reasonable with your source code. There could be a
concept of an "external graphic handler" (probably in C++) that would be
linked in (dynamically on Win32) and would convert from the original
notation to one that the back-end would understand.

 Paul Prescod