Debbie's XSLT Programming Pearls (Optional)
(this is programmer stuff)
- Don’t Fight XSLT; use the language for what it is good for.
- Not all data is trees or OHCO (Ordered Hierarchy of Content Objects).
- Don’t curse it because it won’t do YYY; reach for another language.
- In XSLT 1.0, variables are constants within scope and do not vary.
- 90% of all XSLT bugs are XPath bugs.
- What is your context? An XPath to nowhere, goes nowhere,
however cleverly written.
- When all else fails, rewrite your code as simple templates,
then debug those.