Separating Mapping from Coding in Transformation Tasks
As presented at XML 2007, Boston Massachussetts, by Tommie Usdin and Wendell Piez (link to the slides)
This example shows a transformation mapping specification encoded in a lightweight custom XML format designed for the job,
Mulberry Technologies, Inc., has used this format and variants and extensions thereof successfully in many projects, and would be happy to provide advice and consulting on applications and extensions of it.
Or use and adapt it freely on your own! (No warranty is implied.)
DHQ to NLM 2.3 Mapping Specification
- HTML format for display
- XML native format (will display in browsers supporting XSLT)
- DTD for ConversionSpec format (used by the map)
- XSLT stylesheet for display in HTML
- The entire package (as a .zip)
The source format for the example is the
DHQauthor format of Digital Humanities Quarterly (DHQ), as of November 2007.
- DHQ home page
- DHQauthor documentation page
The target format is NLM/NCBI Publishing DTD, version 2.3.