Two Major Validation Strategies
- Check against XML model (DTD or schema) for
- missing elements (no title for news article)
- badly positioned elements (footnotes in the bibliography)
- Test for certain
properties of the content
- locate all codeblocks with lines too long
- are all figures referenced at least once?
- do all list items begin with an upper-case letter?
- do all cross-references point to something?
- are all part numbers in the database?
- are dates reasonable? Do death dates follow