Advanced Document Processing with XSLT 2.0
(3-day hands-on class in advanced techniques in manipulating text documents.)
XSLT 2.0 extends XSLT from a basic transformation technology suitable for straightforward document conversions into a general-purpose document and data processing language. In this class we build on participants' knowledge of XSLT/XPath 1.0, focusing on types of transformations common when working with textual documents, many of which are far easier using XSLT/XPath 2.0.
Topics covered in "Advanced Document Processing with XSLT 2.0" include:
- The XPath 2.0 (XDM) data model, features and syntax
- New operators and functions
- Path expressions
- Document retrieval (single and multiple, XML and plain text)
- Multiple result documents
- XSLT native grouping constructs
- Temporary trees, including pipelining and micropipelining
- String processing with regular expressions
- Stylesheet functions
- XSD data types
Prerequisites: Participants should be familiar with the XSLT processing model and have experience transforming textual documents using XSLT and XPath 1.0. An easy and fun way to see if you have the necessary XSLT skills to do well in this class is by taking Mulberry's XSLT Self Test.
Students who are new to the technology or who need an XSLT refresher should take our class "Fundamentals of XSLT and XPath", which serves as an introduction to XSLT 2.0 as well as 1.0 (which shares its processing model).