General SGML Consulting
Mulberry Technologies, Inc., provides consulting services to assist users in many facets of the maintenance of SGML production systems and, if desired, the migration of SGML systems to XML.
These services may include:
- Hotline-style telephone support for parsing and tagging problems;
- Maintenance of DTDs and customization of SGML application software;
- Identification, selection, and customization of shared industry applications;
- Software evaluation and selection;
- SGML wording for RFPs and specifications;
- Evaluation of proposals;
- Cost benefit analysis of SGML to XML conversion;
- Creation of XML DTDs or schemas to replace SGML DTDs; and
- Support in converting SGML document collections into XML document collections.
We provide support and training as users evaluate publishing system alternatives and select technologies; acquire and customize system components; develop DTDs, training materials, procedures, and procedural documentation; train other users; and publish those documents in a variety of media (print, CD-ROM, World Wide Web, etc).
We teach users to maintain their own SGML DTDs, applications, and documentation or provide such support as a service.
For users considering migrating SGML work flows into XML, or adding an XML component to an existing SGML application, we help with planning the move, selecting XML tools, developing XML vocabularies, and migrating DTDs and documents to XML.